Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Still vomiting at the Bridges house

Time to blog again and let some of my frustrations out. Carsten is still throwing up. Average, about twice a day. I'm very stressed about it and the worst is in the mornings when I haven't even had my coffee yet! 10 months of vomiting is bound to send you to the nutty house. The most frustrating part is that GI does nothing. He smiles and says, it should get better by a year! A year! Can't you do something other than prescribe some reglan! We're not talking about any other baby here who has no other problems. We have been through a traumatic birth, heart surgery, G-tube feedings, and to top everything off there is daily projectile vomiting! Can you tell I'm feeling sorry for myself right about now. I'm starting to feel a little better as I dump this onto you readers, thanks for listening:)
Really, I've got to get a hold of myself. I usually end up taking it all out on Chad, poor husband. He's been the subject of so much abuse from me and he rarely ever retaliates except when I've pushed him over his limit. I felt a little better yesterday when I got this letter from the compassion center. There was this woman on the front that had found the center for help. She accepted Christ and He turned her life around. I don't know why but it reminded me that there are people out there that have it a lot worse. The letter sent me into prayer and in my prayer I could see and feel Carsten being taken from my arms and floating upwards to God's throne. It was like God was taking Him from me to lift the load. I really need to give him up more often. God is in control of his future and there's nothing I can do to change or manipulate that. I feel better now:)

Giving it up to Him,
Momma Bridges

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kari, You are such an encouragment... thanks for sharing your heart!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

girl, i am just getting caught up on blogs. i hear you and am praying. you have persevered so long. keep pressing on. with love, rebecca