Thursday, June 25, 2009

KKI

I got some bad news two days ago. We found out that Tricare has denied authorization to the KKI feeding program in Baltimore. I'm pretty bummed about it. They were supposed to have a director to director talk today to try and work things out so I'm waiting on a call but I have a feeling it's not going to happen. Part of me wants to fight it, but the other part of me feels like maybe we aren't supposed to go there during this season for some reason or there is a different program for him. So I'm going to pray and just give the outcome to God. I know Carsten doesn't have to go to a feeding program to eat but it sure would be nice to have some help. Monday I will sign us up for Tricare here so we can get started with therapies and doctors and all that so maybe we can get some feeding therapy here again even if it's just once a week. So I'm sad, but I'm looking forward to us being here this summer with Chad and enjoying Atlanta.

We might go to our first Braves game this weekend so I'll be sure to take some pictures. I think Chad had a memorable 35th birthday on Tuesday (Happy Birthday my old man:), I made him a surprise dinner and we celebrated family style, just the three of us since we really don't have any friends here yet:) I can't wait to find a church and get plugged in somewhere.

That's about it in the Bridges household. We miss everyone in Leavenworth, there sure is nothing like living on a military post and having all your friends right there. Maybe we can do it again someday.

No comments: