Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Time to get movin'

Here I sit in my dining room drinking coffee and yes, PROCRASTINATING!!! I know there is stuff to be done before we move, but I think part of me is in denial and the other part just doesn't know where to start. So what did I do yesterday, went to the pool of course! I wanted to spend some time with my good friend Amy who has been such a blessing this year and a friend that was an answer to prayer. Now we have to part but I think we'll see each other again, hopefully in DC one day. She has a little girl Brooke who has been Carsten's "girlfriend" this year, except when Carsten would pull on her or swat at her, she didn't like that part of the relationship much:)

However, I'm ready to say my goodbyes and get this over with. I get so attached to people, I don't know how I'm going to do this every three years. I guess it's like the end of a quote I remember my grandmother gave me, you keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness you blow the rest away. Amy is a friend definitely worth keeping:) And with that quote, I think I've decided to introduce the Quote of the Week! Most quotes will be related to children with Special Needs of course. I think the following quote is appropriate for today since I'm struggling with deciding if and where to take Carsten to daycare. I found it this morning quoted by a mother, no name mentioned...

"There should have never been integration, because no kids should have ever been excluded."

I like this one:) Today we're off to our last OT feeding session in Kansas City, the first of goodbyes and many more to come. I guess each goodbye means there's a hello just around the corner. I made that one up:)

Please continue to pray for Carsten and KKI in Baltimore. We are waiting for the surgeon general to approve the authorization to go and then we need a bed to open up fast. I still believe the Lord can do this before we move. Once we get to Atlanta, it's looking less and less likely we will still be able to go to Baltimore because of insurance. We will start all over with the Marcus Institute in Atlanta if we have too. It's all in His hands.

Have a great Tuesday!

Love,
Momma Bridges

No comments: