Thursday, February 18, 2010

Meeting my sister for the first time!

 Chloe and Carsten
 Here are some pics of Carsten in his big brother t-shirt meeting his new sister!!  When he saw me coming down from the elevator in the wheelchair with Chloe in my arms his mouth dropped open, his eyes rolled back, and his head started to droop:)  He definitely knew "someting was not quite right" and that his world would forever be changed.  After he warmed up a little to her we got him to sneak in a few kisses on her forehead, now he wants to look at her in her crib constantly, points at her, and will give her kisses (only if you tell him too:)   


As for me and Chloe, we are spending time bonding and learning the "art of breastfeeding" (more like bootcamp training than art) while my mom helps take care of Carsten.  I am learning a whole new vocabulary of words such as "latching on" "let-downs" "football hold" and "cluster feeding" :)  It has been a challenge for me so far but I'm determined not to give up without prayer and a good fight.  We are so blessed to have both Carsten and Chloe and we can't wait to watch them grow and blossom together.  The Father has blessed us beyond measure and are hearts are so full even though our eyes are tired.  More later but first back to learning my new "art" ;)


      

1 comment:

TKB said...

Oh Kari! I love seeing these pics. What a beautiful family you have and new baby. She is so cute.
What joy!


Blessings,
Beth