Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's Down Syndrome Awareness Month!

Little did I know...
 
Little did I know what the Lord had planned,
something he knew before the world began.
He set me up all along,
to be a very special kind of mom.
I used to wonder what all the disability was for,
I even wanted to learn more.
So I set out to help a man,
he had cebrebral palsy and couldn't stand.
He taught me that he was a person with dignity and brains,
he could even drive me in his car down the lane.
Then after him I became an OT,
I wanted to help people like him you see.
I studied and studied and learned all the right things,
but words weren't enough to make my heart sing.
So then down the road I was working with others,
living my dream and helping the mothers.
But that wasn't enough the Lord said to my soul,
he allowed me to conceive, He had another goal.
Then one day I found out at work,
your child will be like these, and I will be your providential stork.
At first I was afraid and cried for many days,
but the Lord brought peace to my heart saying "for my ways are higher than your ways."
Then my baby was here, he came after a very hard and long night,
he was an angel, the most beautiful thing in sight.
Now fast forward a few years later, I am no longer the teacher,
he is teaching me and making me a believer.
My love for him will never change,
he is my son, through storm, sun, or rain.
Little did I know, but I'm so glad now that I do,
that everything the good Lord put in my past was pointing me to you!
 
For my beautiful son Carsten, I love you more than anything!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was absolutely beautiful. As if I needed more tears today...but these are good ones. Hugs to you and your beautiful family!
Amy