Monday, January 14, 2008

Christmas and New Years




Well, the Bridges Christmas adventure is officially over! We spent a total of 20 hours driving to different places seeing family and friends. We visited Searcy, Jonesboro, Bentonville, Rogers, Fayetteville, and Muskogee, Oklahoma. Needless to say, Carsten won the prize for most presents and was the center of attention. Here is a picture of our cutie in his Christmas outfit in the prayer position as usual:)

I went to work for the first time since Carsten was born on New Years Eve, then we spent our New Years Eve night in the ER for Carsten's G-tube. The pediatrician thought it might be infected but after 7 hours of the waiting room it turned out to only need some cortizone cream!

Last Friday Carsten had a cardiology appointment and another ECHO was done on his heart (like an ultrasound of the heart). The doctor said that his heart has improved even since the last visit and the holes around the patch are closing up well, praise God, what a miracle! He still has a very minor leak in his left mitral valve, which according to her he can live with it with no major problems. They will continue to keep an eye on it as he grows. We are thankful to start out the new year with such good news.

Carsten should start his therapies tomorrow with Kidsource. Thanks to his OT momma:) Carsten finally rolled over both ways in the last week! His Daddy was even there to see it for the first time, very special! I will try to be better about adding pictures and updating more often!

Momma Bridges

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Keri,
He is sooo precious. I will definitely keep you and your husband, and that sweet little Carsten in my prayers.
Much love,
Jordan Wade

TKB said...

Hi Kari,
I will be praying for you all as well. I still struggle so much with the anxiety as well, I can only imagine how difficult it would be for you with Carsten's challenges. My middle child, projectile vomited as a newborn and got chocked all the time, she went to the ER 7 times for various reasons before she was 2. The first 6 months are the hardest for me for anxiety- the one strange verse that always comforts me.... is, "Who by worrying can add a single hour to his life..." I take comfort in knowing that my life and my children's lives are already numbered and written in His book. I can trust the Father.... if only I will.
Love the beautiful pics, you all look great!
Sincerely,
Beth