Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tired

Can I just be real for a moment and say that I'm tired! I'm so tired of Carsten throwing up. I'm tired of him gagging all day long and coughing and choking. It starts at 6 in the morning and goes until 12 at night. And now, he's doing this weird smacking thing in the middle of the night and it wakes me up. I'm not even in bed yet and I can hear him in our bedroom smacking away! I'm too afraid to put him in his crib because I'm afraid he will throw up while he's lying down and choke to death. So, he's still in our room waking me up at all hours smacking or snoring like a freight train because of his small airway. Of course Chad sleeps through the whole thing and it doesn't even faze him. And now, I have to wait about four hours between feedings so I'm up about 2 times a night. If anyone reads this, please pray that Carsten would grow out of this vomiting thing SOON! Its so stressful and draining. I was just reading someone else's blog talking about the story behind the song "It is well with my soul." About how the author had lost all four of his daughters in one day and how he still praised God for his faithfulness. I don't think I've praised Him one time during Carsten's vomiting. Still somehow, the story brought me a sense of peace and a sense that God is in control. I know I need to look to Him and upon Him during these times and He will get me through.
Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace, him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."
For all that have been asking, I promise I will update with pictures soon.

2 comments:

The Fintons said...

Oh Cari, I will be praying so hard for God to renew your strenth and give you rest. I know you must be exhausted, worried, anxious, and scared. Lil Carsten is in my prayers daily. He has come so far since he was born. Praising God in the tuffest of times is not always easy...I am reminded of that song by Casting Crowns-

And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Call me if I can do anyting for you. I would love to watch Carsten for a while and let you rest. Love you!- Ashley

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

Kari, thanks for sharing your heart. it was good to see you the other day. i look forward to more play dates. i will be praying for you and Carsten. love always, r