Monday, February 11, 2008

Carsten's Dedication

Hi Everyone,

We had a pretty busy week last week. I am now a proud wife of a Major! (That would make me a Lieutenant Colonel by the way). Chad had his promotion ceremony on Friday and is now officially Major Bridges. There were tons of people at the ceremony and lots of family came in to see him. I had to pin him during the ceremony which was quite interesting. I didn't know exactly what to do and Chad said that I stood there at attention like a soldier the whole time:) After the ceremony, I threw him a party at our house. Then Sunday, we dedicated Carsten at church!! It was a very special day and of course we both cried. The verse we picked out for him was Revelation 4:11 "You are worthy our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." Carsten has started to memorize it but it will probably take him a while to get it down:) We picked this one because we feel like the Lord has created Carsten for a specific purpose on this earth and we are both very proud to be his parents and watch him grow to fulfill that purpose. Thank you for supporting and loving us during the good and bad times. Many of my friends seem to be pregnant right now. In particular, you can pray for my friend Amy who is pregnant and came down with the flu. That can be scary and I'm sure miserable to be sick and pregnant. Please pray for a speedy recovery and protection for the baby. Back to being a mommy and will post again soon!
Momma Bridges

1 comment:

ginger rogers demaris said...

Cari,

I haven't seen you all in a long time. I am ashamed of it but I have been so busy I have failed to do what is important.

I want you to know that I am praying for ya'll. I taught a sunday school class for high school students for a long time. One of the things that I learned is that sometimes we do get so tired that we can't really pray like we should. That is when you just yell out.." Father, here I am !" He hears you. The thing about it is when you are so tired and you have hollered in his name you must be still and know that HE IS !!!!! Get in a prayful mode, lay down and sleep knowing that others are in prayer battle for you. You have people !!!!!

I sent a donation today of $500 in Carsten's name to Childrens Hospital. I will do this every year until he graduates. It is to honor our Father and his wisdom for Carsten's life.

I love ya'll and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Chad, congratulations on your promotion. There was never any doubt that you are a leader. It brings me great comfort to know men like you help protect this country. I love you and have since you were born.

See ya'll soon.

ginger demaris