Monday, June 30, 2008

Baby shower cake



So here's a picture of the cake I made for my friend's baby shower yesterday. It wasn't exactly what I had planned but I guess it was decent for my first stacked cake and use of gum paste. The flowers on the front and polka dots were done in gum paste and there is a teddy bear on top in gum paste too (its like fondant). It was quite an experience making. Believe it or not, the hardest part is getting the actual cake made. They either sink in the middle or break apart after they're done so it took me a couple of tries. The icing is also hard to get the right consistency. I hope I continue to get better, I've decided I'm not giving up on this until I can make cute cakes!! The shower was fun, the theme was pink and brown polka dots so the cake matched everything:) Enjoy being a mommy Amy and have fun with your little girl!

No comments: