Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thankful

It seems like a good morning to blog so here goes! Carsten is taking his nap and I've made the beds and cleaned the kitchen. I attempted a practice cake last night for my friend Amy's baby shower. I'm glad I practiced because it didn't turn out exactly how I'd pictured it:)

My friend Janna's little boy is having his heart surgery as I write. Please pray for his surgery and recovery and continued peace for their family during this time. I remember how I felt the morning of Carsten's surgery, its so hard not to be anxious and worried. Every minute feels like an hour while you wait for them to come and give you reports on how its going. And then, all of a sudden, its over. You've waited those months and weeks and its finally over! What a wash of relief. I know she will feel the same today and it makes me cry and smile at the same time:)

Yesterday was Carsten's 11 month birthday and he was crawling!! Yes, crawling on his 11 month birthday and he did it right when Chad came home. God is so good. We got it on video and I will post it as soon as I figure out how:)

I feel very thankful and joyful today for everything. I know the house is going to work out and I'm getting more excited about our move. Its the start of another adventure! Lets just hope the real cake I make for my friend's shower is better than the practice one:)


"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24

2 comments:

Christina M said...

Wow, he is SOOOO pretty. I had to hop on over immedieately and check your blog out. Carsten seems like quite a cool kid!

AND congrats on crawling!!!!
/Christina (T21,21)

www.christinamolin.wordpress.com

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

thanks for keeping us posted from a distance. you sound much more upbeat. glad things are getting better. Carsten's progression seems great (eating, crawling, etc..). love his smile. love ya, r