Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hopefully Carsten's Cake!


Okay so this is the cake I am attempting for Carsten's birthday on Friday!
We'll see how it turns out. There's a lot of colors so that could be time consuming. I made the sheet cake last night and I'm not sure if its going to work. I used self-rising flour instead of all-purpose or cake flour and I don't think the cake rose like it should have and it might not taste the same. So, I'm going to make another one today with the RIGHT flour and see how it turns out. I'm learning a lot about baking and more from my mistakes than from doing it right:)

I hope Carsten likes it, I have a feeling he will no matter what!:) We accepted an offer on our house! We are EXTREMELY excited and are still waiting for the inspection and appraisal but the papers have been officially signed! God has been so Good to provide a buyer for us:)

My friend Jana, her husband, and little Allyson their daughter are coming tonight for Allyson's heart surgery on Friday. Please keep them in your prayers. Pray that she would get out of ICU quickly before we have to leave and not have a place for them to stay. The movers are coming on Monday. I'm trying to just take one day at a time and not get anxious about the move. Its going to come soon enough. Right now I want to enjoy Chad's going away ceremony and Carsten's birthday party. We can't wait to see everyone!

1 comment:

The Hayes' said...

Kari! you are sooo sweet to report on our family and ask for prayers for us on your blog. We love you and thank God for blessings such as your family!
Jana