Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More appointments

Its been a while since I've blogged or it seems like it anyway. We had a big week last week! Carsten and I went down to Fayetteville to visit the fam and sadly take our dog Bradley to my grandfather's house. We stayed with my grandmother, Carsten's Gigi (great-grandmother:) a few nights and Chad's aunt (aunt Nae) on Friday night. We had to say goodbye to our dog Bradley as the hairs were taking over our house and Carsten's allergies seem to be getting increasingly worse. Bradley is now living on a farm with another dog, his new best friend, and was the most happy I've seen him since we got him. I'm thankful it worked out and really have a peace about it:)

We had some appointments today in Kansas City. First was GI which went well, Carsten has gained good weight, he's 22lbs12 oz and 29.5 inches!! Woo hoo, grow Carsten grow!! Then we had an appointment with orthotics to measure for foot braces to help him walk, it turns out he doesn't need the braces!! The PT felt that he had good stability in his ankles and it was more his trunk/core that needed strengthening, yeah! He has been pulling to stand a lot more lately. He's babbling like crazy but still no m sounds, sigh, I guess mamma is still a ways away:(

He had his feeding clinic appointment with the OT which went well, he ate a piece of cheese puff without throwing up or choking! Yeah!

We're just still waiting for ENT to call and schedule his surgery for adenoids and tonsils.

So how bout my girl Palin! I thought she did fantastic on the debate and I was proud to be a Palin supporter. Chad thinks I'm obsessed, hmmm, oh well. I've been trying to watch and see if she comes close again to Kansas, you better betcha I'll be there holding Carsten up in the air saying, "look, I've got one too!!" (a family inside joke:) Seriously, she is such a breath of fresh air and exactly what we need in the White House. All these people that are so worried about her having to take over if McCain "chokes on a rib" is ridiculous if you are a believer. Do we not believe that God will guide her and give her wisdom in that situation? Do we not trust God with one of His own even if they are not the most "qualified" in a worldly sense?

Okay, I'll stop my Palin preachin':) I'm gunna go watch the second presidential debate now:) Love ya'll!!

Mamma Bridges

1 comment:

matt, janna, blair & leighton said...

Hi! SO glad to hear from you; I was MISSING you! and almost getting worried too!
I am thrilled about the cheeto pOOf!!...see, I told you...
Now, we needs pics of him when he REALLY starts liking the pOOfs, and has them all over his cute face!
OK, when I sit still & do not try to be complete wonder woman, and leave all sorts of clutter, etc around the house,and just look, hold & coo at my little boy...OOHH...I am in complete LOVE...I could eat him up!!...and then he will totally stop babbling at me for a day or two and I think the whole world is messed up & what did I do...
...any of this sound familiar?? we are going to have him dedicated at church this sunday, and then, if you can believe it, on next TH, he will be 7,count-them,months...and we got the tefra # only yesterday...
OK, let's catch up when we both can :) need to plan to see & hug! janna