Friday, February 27, 2009

Long night

Well last night was not the most fun we've ever had but I can't say it was the worst:) Our respite provider came yesterday and watched Carsten from 2:30 to 6:30, it was WONDERFUL being able to get some stuff done and then go out to eat with Chad and another couple. I actually did two loads of laundry, mopped upstairs, and cleaned the bathrooms, woohoo!! But I knew when we got home from eating at 6:30 and Carsten was no where to be found that it was going to be a long night:) She said "oh he kept falling over at like 5:00 and just couldn't stay awake!" As I sat there and did the math in my head like I usually do I calculated that Carsten would be awake by about 4:00 this morning. Boy was I wrong, he woke up at 12:00 instead! He did go back to sleep but for some reason he had a TON of drainage last night and kept throwing up and couldn't breathe through his nose. I really wish the doctors would believe me and do something about his drainage/sinus problems. Too often I think they just chalk it up to oh they have Down Syndrome so there's really nothing you can do! It's not fair that he has to suffer like this. He is on zyrtec but it really doesn't help. I think he needs a sinus xray and possible sinus surgery in the future. In any case, he went back to sleep and slept till about 4:00 and then I was up with him till about 5:30, then Chad rocked him back to sleep and thankfully he slept again until 8:00. So, it was a long night, but I LOVE our respite worker, she is so awesome! She knows a lot of sign and does it with him and she is graduating from nursing school very soon. I will be so sad to lose her when we move.


I'm excited for this weekend, we're going to a marriage conference hosted by the chapel here at the Marriott. Everything is paid for and there is childcare, we just have to go back and forth to get Carsten after our sessions. Oh and Carsten started Physical Therapy this week at a place called Beyond Therapy. I think the doctor felt bad about the whole gymnastics thing so she gladly wrote an order for some PT:) Our early intervention services at the home don't provide PT, it's crazy but I guess they're just hard to come by. So, we are driving about 20 minutes to this place on Wednesdays to get some PT. It was awesome and the girl Tiffany is wonderful! Carsten loved it and was crawling all around and up and down stairs. He even walked with this grocery cart thing and then let go and took about 3 steps!!! He's also starting to stand up just from sitting on his own without pulling up on something! He's getting SOO close to walking, I guess technically he's taken his first steps cause he can take about 3 before he falls, way to go Carsten!!! Boy that will be a teary day when he really starts to walk, both of my pride and fear of all he will be getting into:) He's a little firecracker! He's also stacking 4 blocks on top of each other and will put things in a container. He's starting to sign a few things including more, eat, and daddy, and he loves throwing the ball back and forth. He's learning to drink from a straw too, we have this one way straw where the liquid comes up but not back down, it's pretty cool and he's starting to catch on to it. Speaking of, it's eating and signing time so I'll write more later. Have a happy weekend everyone!

Love,
Momma Bridges

No comments: