Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Approaching the halfway mark

The end of this week will be the halfway mark for us here at KKI. It is actually going pretty fast and this weekend will be a much needed break with Chad and my mom. Carsten is going to be sooo excited to see his daddy I can't wait to see it. Well today is going so so. He threw up at breakfast during his drinking trials after he had eaten the 7 ounces, not fun to watch. Then lunch was better, kept it down but fought like a boxer to keep the drinks away from his mouth! I'm starting to come to the realization that we will still be working on drinking once we get home, I'm still optimistic however and know that anything can happen before we leave, but he just needs time to develop the skills to drink and eat texture. They are making another tube cut tonight so whoo hoo! That's great. So basically he's eating 21 ounces of pureed food a day and then he gets 14 ounces milk overnight. Really that's better than he's ever done so Chad and I are happy. They added some texture to his lunch, 4 bites of junior consistency, we'll see how far he goes with that, I'm sure the more they add I expect to see an increase in vomiting.

On a lighter side, the privacy thing here is really a bummer, I mean I think I have had about 5 people walk in on me peeing so far in the bathroom. Good thing I'm not very modest anyway but seriously. I have learned to change clothes in like lighting speed time or else someone is going to walk in on me and see the pretty pregnant birthday suit:) I guess that's what they get if they don't want to knock:) But the last five nights here have been a Godsend, no roomate, the nurse has got to the bag and refilled it before it goes off and Carsten and I have been able to sleep straight through the night for the first time.

Is it Thursday yet?:) Hurry up Chad!!!

No comments: