Thursday, October 1, 2009

Here we go roller coaster again

Well I'm trying hard not to get on the usual roller coaster ride of having a child with a disability.  These days will come.  Today is just a dip in the ride.  He threw up his breakfast and lunch.  They are trying to give him 7 ounces a meal and he just doesn't seem to be able to tolerate it yet.  I'm sure they'll keep trying until he just throws up every session and we know he's hit his cap.  He did it last night so I know he can do it again.  Mornings are just altogether bad for him and lunch was a fluke gag when he got a bite with his head tilted backwards.  He's like the most sensitive time bomb you've ever seen, one little touch gone awry and up it comes!  Oh the day when I can look back and laugh, for now I'll try to laugh at the days to come. (proverbs 31:25)

The Lord reminded me of a verse he promised long ago Proverbs 37:5 "Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will do this, he will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday.  Be still and wait patiently for the Lord."

Giving up my own strength and trading it in today for His.  Please continue to pray for our little man. 

Love,
Kari





 

1 comment:

TKB said...

I'm so sorry for the hard day. Praying for you to have strength and hope today.
Beth