Monday, September 28, 2009

Here we go week #3!

Time is flying by here at KKI. The weekends seem to drag on a little but once Monday hits we're off and running. Carsten's already eaten twice today and gotten speech therapy. They've increased his volume to 6 ounces now, whoa! So at lunch he ate 6 ounces of pureed food, had his first taste of cheeseburger with ketchup!!!! I think he liked it:) They've switched to liquid from a spoon now just during the 1 feeding session a day when they do drinks. He took every bite of liquid from the spoon which was great. It was probably around an ounce of liquid but they'll tell me this afternoon after they weigh it. The goal is to eventually transfer from the spoon to the cup. For some reason he's just afraid of the cup, frustrated, unsure, we're not sure? So exciting updates for sure. I'm very encouraged and I'm trying not to let myself on the usual roller coaster emotional ride but it's nice to see he can handle 6 ounces without puking. I'm so proud of my little c-man, he's such a trooper. That's it for now. I'll post some more cute pics later from the playroom. Oh, I made a list of all his signs he's starting to use and he's now doing "more" "all done" "eat" "brush teeth" "milk" "fish" "ball" and "shoes"! Yea, go Carsten, I'm such a proud momma!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

YAY Carsten!!! Love you lots! -Emily and Buckley