Wednesday, September 9, 2009

So I've decided this morning I'm going to write a book, it will be called "Christian parenting and children with disabilities, how to be a grace-filled advocate."  That is how I felt this morning after I chewed out a therapy supervisor on a voicemail anyway.  The verse that came to my head later was when Paul was talking about "doing what he DIDN'T want to do."  Yep, that's me pretty much all of the time.  Well I'll let you guys know when I figure out WHAT EXACTLY to put in the book, I think I'm about 20 years (or never) to figuring it out.  I have so much to learn about being Carsten's advocate yet so much more to learn about being grace-filled.  That's all I will say about that, I'm definitely a work in progress.

We leave Saturday for Baltimore!!  I got my hospital packet in the mail, I read every word of it and let me tell you I'm going to bring the exact amount of underwear they tell me, no chances of getting kicked out:)
I'm looking forward to the drive with Chad and the weekend, hopefully some good family time before we say our goodbyes.  I'm thinking the hardest part is going to be that I can't eat seafood and we'll be right on the east coast!!  I'm sure Chad will get a lobster or something Sunday night to rub it in:)  I don't see the hospital offering lobster anyway so I shouldn't be too tempted otherwise.

Chad always talks about the one positive reason you go to the hospital is for having a baby.  Well, I have to respectfully disagree with him now.  This is a pretty positive reason and I just know the fold out couch, roomie with screaming child, cafeteria food, boredness, trying to contain a two year old, tiny room with one phone, constant vitals, (ugh) no privacy, separation from my spouse will all be worth it in the end!!!  I'm think this time will be much different than the NICU stay and open heart surgery.

I heard baby Bridges #2 heartbeat this morning!  This was the second time I've heard it.  Waited for 2 hours to pee in a cup, get my blood pressure, then listen to the heartbeat; definitely worth it though and Carsten was a trooper as always.  I'm 16 weeks this week, unbelievable.  I need to post some belly shots soon!  Someone told me yesterday for the first time she noticed a "bump":)  Now if I could only count my love handles in the back as part of that "bump"!        

Soon to be blogging from Baltimore!
Momma Bridges  


  

1 comment:

TKB said...

I love your honesty! So happy for you all to go to the hospital in Baltimore and about baby #2!
Blessings,
Beth