Wednesday, September 2, 2009

KKI here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (It's for real this time!)

Just got a call from the KKI girl this morning, the finances have been negotiated and she asked if we could be there by late next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been crying all morning I'm so excited!! I found out at the gym, the people probably thought I was crazy when I started raising my hands, crying, laughing, and screaming. But I don't care, we're going to Baltimore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We want to stop and give GOD the GLORY first!!! This is all him and we would be stupid not to thank Him for making this happen. He is so good to us and his plan and timing is perfect. We are trying not to put all our hope in KKI but continue to put our hope in God. We know it might not be a miracle fix to Carsten's eating but we do know it's another step in the right direction. Just thinking about him possibly being able to eat a cracker brings tears to my eyes. Okay, no more crying because I already got ready and have eyeliner and mascara on:)

So here are some prayer requests if you think of Carsten and our upcoming adventure. Please pray that Carsten, Chad, and I arrive safe home on Saturday (I've been in NWA visiting family for the past week and a half and Chad flies into Little Rock tomorrow to ride back with me). Pray that I remain calm and get everything done that needs to be done before we leave next week. Pray for safe travels to Baltimore (we don't know if we're flying or driving yet) and that Carsten would NOT get sick before we go or during our stay which could really prevent him from making good eating progress there. Pray for Chad and I, this will be the longest we've been away from each other (the program is 6-8 weeks). It's nothing compared to a deployment which I'm sure we'll face one day so we're looking at this as practice:) And please just pray for wonderful, amazing, progress and a child that eats primarily by mouth when we leave.


Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!! That's it for now. We might look into a small laptop for me to take to Baltimore so I'll definitely be blogging through the program to give ya'll updates:) Thanks for your prayers, love, and support.


Love,
The Bridges

7 comments:

matt, janna, blair & leighton said...

OH MY GOODNESS!
GOD is SO SO GOOD! what great news! We will watch & blog with you as you go through this, and we will start all the prayers now!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I am SO happy for your family! You will continually be in my prayers.

Stephanie and Ivan-Master

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for y'all! Yes, keep us posted and I will be praying.

Jillian said...

Yippee!!! So happy for this! Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Kari that is awesome. we'll be praying for you guys and your trip to Baltimore.

Anonymous said...

Kari
I'm so sorry I didn't sign the last one. we're so excited for you guys.
love The Vansandts

Anonymous said...

I got goosebumps reading your post. I am so thrilled for ya'll and will be praying!

-Emily