Saturday, October 31, 2009

Free and almost there!

We now have three days and a pick up left!!  I really can't believe it is coming to an end.  In some ways it seemed very fast and in others it seemed like a very slow 8 weeks.  We recieved the good news yesterday that our flu cultures were negative and Carsten was allowed out of his room.  Let me tell you it was like a cannon ball flying out of a cannon I've never seen so much energy come out of a little kid before he was practically bouncing off the celings he was so happy. 

We had a rough week this week with eating because he was sick and congested.  I also started feeding him last Monday so it was hard for me to start out like that, he was vomiting just about every meal.  But today he is finally doing better and he hasn't thrown up once today, he still has a snack to go tonight though so we'll see.  But we are OFF the TUBE except for water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I really am excited about this I'm just so exhausted I don't think it has really sunk in yet.  So basically this is his meals, breakfast 7 ounces of food, 2 ounces of milk; lunch 7 ounces of food, 4 ounces of milk; dinner 7 ounces of food 4 ounces of milk; and a "snack" (which I call a fourth meal) 4 ounces of food, 4 ounces of milk.

Yeah praise God for such great progress here I'm so thankful we were able to come and go through this program.  It is still going to be a lot of work for me at home I think that's why my excitement is still a little reserved.  I will be pureeing all his foods to a junior texture and doing his drinks which take about 15 minutes to get 4 ounces in him right now.  I think it will get faster as his skills progress but it is definitely going to be a task at home and I know I have my work cut out for me, especially with baby on the way. 

I'm 25 weeks now, getting excited to find out the sex, we've made it this far though and really 3 more months seems like a short wait to find out.  Either way, it's going to be a fun surprise and Carsten is going to be such a great brother. 

Please pray for my endurance and strength to get us through the last three days, I can't wait for Chad to get here.  I've never been so excited to sleep in my own bed in my life! 

That's it for now, gotta go do our evening "snack":)  Thank you for your prayers and encouragement, it got us through. 

More later....






   
  

No comments: