Wednesday, August 13, 2008

He makes all things good

I am here blogger readers, I haven't abandoned you:) I was going to blog a couple of days ago and now I'm glad I didn't. If I had, the post would have been pretty negative. It's been a hard week with Carsten. He is doing fine, except his eating has been digressing and vomiting increasing again. He was eating 3 tubs of stage 2 baby food until about 5 days ago. For some reason he has started to refuse to eat and when I put him in his high chair he just makes this grunting sound like get me out of here!

I'm not sure if he's teething and not wanting to eat because he is in pain or if he is developing more of an aversion to food and starting to refuse. Either way, of course, I am prone to worry and become upset.

You're probably wondering when this blog is going to get more positive like the title:) Today we had a GI appt and it was productive. They are going to do another upper GI to make sure he hasn't developed a hernia or something structural to cause an increase in vomiting. We are also going to start the OT feeding clinic at Children's Mercy at the end of the month, I am really looking forward to this and hopefully will get some answers and feeding help because I am desperate!

As far as the title of my blog goes. I've really been learning this week that God does make all things good. Every time I seem to get into a pity party mode with Carsten, the Lord really opens my eyes to others around me. So far just this week I have met a mom with a daughter with autism in the PX (that's post exchange:) I met another family in the commissary that just walked up to me and had a 26 year old son with Down Syndrome that I got to meet. Then, today, I met another mom at the hospital with a son with Down Syndrome. After the hospital, I went to the pharmacy and met a grandmother of a child with Down Syndrome and another lady in the pharmacy with a family member with autism.

Its really amazing to see so many circumstances throughout the week where the Lord uses Carsten. People are drawn to him, I'm sure partly because he looks different but also because of his sweet spirit. He has learned to clap and will get your attention like look at me and then start clapping, its the cutest thing in the world. I am learning that I am not alone, all I have to do is get out of my house and there are SO many people with disabilities just like Carsten. And when this happens, its an instant connection and the most unique feeling in the world. You are both elated to meet each other just because you can relate to something similar but different, something hard but so good and full of blessing! I'm thankful the Lord has let me experience these unique relationships and encounters. They keep me going most of the time like a little kiss from God at just the right moment when I'm feeling down.

I've got to end this so I can get back to the Olympics:) I promise more pics of Carsten to come, I've been bad about that since our move. Please keep praying for Carsten's eating that he would not lose all his progress and that the feeding clinic appointment would go good. We miss all our Little Rock friends!

Love,
Momma Bridges

1 comment:

matt, janna, blair & leighton said...

Yes, HE does make all things new!! I really loved & needed our chat last night. I wish you a wonderful day, with LESS vomit than yesterday, and MORE perspective than ever before...music is a huge encouragement to me!...do you have or know that current song stating "He makes all things new" ?
Play some music today, and YES, we will be waiting on our NEW CARSTEN pics! ...go get the cheeto puffs...it will be a fun pic, and let him eat them outside!! xoxo