Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm back

So I'm up tonight for some reason not tired yet when I have every opportunity to go to bed early, figures. Carsten's asleep, Chad's studying, so, I'm here blogging. I thought I better post a more positive blog from the last one for all you that read it. I get so upset and caught up in the hard moments with Carsten and that's when I usually end up taking it out on you poor blogger readers:)

Its been a good weekend all together. Saturday I had a little outing by myself to regenerate and regroup. I got my hair done which I love by the way and it was the first place I've been here so I'm pretty excited about that. The only thing that bothered me was the way the girl did my hair. You know how when you get your hair shampooed you usually get a nice little head massage. Well, I got that but she gave absolutely NO pressure, I felt like she was tickling my head. I think I have sensory issues because I'm telling you it really got under my skin, I wanted to tell her look, you're not going to hurt me, just go ahead and attack my head! After I survived my head tickle, I drove to Legends, the closest place you can find real shopping and civilization:) Okay, Leavenworth is not that bad, but Legends is the closest JCPenney and Target and its still 30 minutes away.

Saturday night was the best part. Our new neighbors Tom and Amy that have 5 kids (yeah I said 5 kids!) watched Carsten for a few hours so Chad and I could go out to dinner. It was amazing and we REALLY needed it if you couldn't tell by my last few blogs. So today was chapel (church) and then neighborhood bible study tonight. We go to the third service at the chapel. They herd you in and out like cattle with 5 services. First there's traditional, then catholic, then contemporary, then gospel and I think another one after that!

I'm learning more about God's power this week. He has been speaking the word power to me through His word and other circumstances. I think sometimes I forget that power is available to me through Jesus. I just let myself get so defeated and run down that I forget to cry out to Him, to claim victory in my life over sin, struggles, and temptations. I just don't hear a lot about God's power, do you? God's power is at work within us. Ephesians 3:16; I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with POWER through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have POWER, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ...v20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to His POWER that is at work within us....

God's power is what made the heavens and the earth and will bring about a new Kingdom. Sometimes its unbelievable that that same power is at work within me. I just have to receive it. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of POWER, of love and of self-discipline (2 Tim 1:7)

So those are my thoughts of late, I hope I can receive His power this week when the struggles come and respond differently. I really need to get some pictures up this week, maybe I'll take some tomorrow when Carsten's playing. He stood up again at the tub this morning! The moments of joy definitely outnumber the moments of frustration by far and when you see him do things like that it makes the journey worth it.

Time for bed......

No comments: