Thursday, August 14, 2008

How long

Psa 6:3
"My soul is in anguish. How long, O Lord, how long?"

Psalm 16:3
"The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave* came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow."

Psalm 119:28
"My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word."

"Psalm 13:2
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?"

Psalm 31:9
"Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief."


I am so sad this morning. I feel so helpless with Carsten's eating. He won't eat his baby food at all, this morning and I tried to give him a tiny piece of egg and he threw up. This is so hard. Its the hardest thing I've ever been through in my life. My heart is so full of sorrow. I don't understand. Its so painful to see your child not be able to eat. My life is a roller coaster, one day I'm happy because of progress and the next I'm drowning in sorrow because of a setback. I feel I could have written the Psalms myself.

How Long oh Lord must this go on. Please bring hope and relief, healing and prosperity for your sake, for Carsten's sake, and for your name. I am so broken beyond comprehension, hurting. Please hear me and answer me.

Please pray for Carsten and my emotions as I deal with this. This is by far the biggest trial we've ever been through. Just when you see the light at the end of the tunnel, it gets dim again. Sweet little Carsten just sees me crying and he starts to cry himself. He can't help it, he doesn't know what's going on and it only makes things worse when I get upset.

I know the valley won't last forever and there is a light at the end of the tunnel, its just hard to see it sometimes. Thanks for your prayers this morning.

1 comment:

matt, janna, blair & leighton said...

Oh Kari! I just want to take it away!! ...as I am sure most people who read this & love you feel!
Keep trusting Him in this journey, keep doing the very 1 next step in front of you; and keep reminding yourself that this is just 1 timeframe, in a lifetime of Carsten's life. Continuing to give God the power behind it all is SO wise of you. He WILL reward you for your faithfulness!!...remember 1 step in front of the other, no looking too far down the road! xo