Thursday, June 30, 2011

Growing roots

The dark roots in my hair are not the only roots that have been growing lately.  I'm feeling my roots grow down deeper into this city, this life, these friends, Carsten's schools, his therapies, church, our beautiful little lake I get to walk the kids around everyday, and pretty much everything about this place.  And being a military wife (and a follower of Christ in general), this is NOT good!  I just feel like it is and has been an answer to so many prayers after a year of drought in Atlanta where I didn't have many friends or outlets.  I confessed this to Chad the other day and he pretty much told me I better not water my tree quite as much so that my roots don't continue to grow because we could and can be uprooted at any time.  Well, I understand his advice, but I'm going to continue to drink the water from this tree in faith.  I'm going to take hold of the blessings He has given and try, somehow to hold them loosely, ready to be replanted at any time.  I have seen that God is faithful even in the droughts and that water is always coming if you can just hold on in your thirst.  So I will drink in the blessings and the water He has given and I will drink enough to keep me going during the next drought.  I will let my roots grow and delight in it knowing that if I am torn up from this ground that there is another sturdy ground waiting to take me and nourish me.  It might not always be the kind of soil I want but it will always be the kind of soil that my soul needs.  As for now, I'm simply thankful for the kind of soil He has provided and pray that I, in return, can be a life giving tree in this place.        

No comments: