Thursday, June 30, 2011

"I wa Babuuuus"

Yep!  This is what I heard come out of Carsten's mouth last Monday at speech therapy, "I want bubbles!"
Some of the first words I've ever heard my little boy speak, can you say tears please?!!!  He also said "apple" and "blow".  "Dada" is an everyday occurrence now around 6:00 when the outside door handle starts to turn.
And let me tell you he sure isn't going to let his sister get away with saying anything if by golly he doesn't try to say it too!  So yes, many things have been happening at the Bridges house, many good things:)

I wrote this little poem Monday after I heard him talk

 My son said bubbles today,
it nearly took my breath away.
I never thought tears would come from such a simple phrase,
but this is the pure way of God.
A gift he's given if I just open my eyes to see.
You may just think its a delay,
but I see miracles like this everyday.
So much joy from simplicity,
an innocence only heaven knows,
but I've been given a glimpse
inside Kingdoms gate,
through the mouth of my babe.    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO precious! That was Ivan's first phrase too! I will warn you...Ivan called me Dadda as well for about 2 years. But who cares as long as they call, right?! Thank you for the updates. I am so excited for you! You are always in our prayers. <3 The Young's.

A Beautiful Inheritance said...

This is so great! I haven't checked your blog in a while, but it's so good to hear from you!