Thursday, June 23, 2011

Schools out!

School is officially out for the summer and Cman is done with his first year of preschool at Cardinal Forest! We had to say goodbye to our favorite teacher Mrs. Ginger because Carsten will go to another elementary school next year called Kings Park. He was supposed to go there this year but they were full. And as it always happens, we (or should I say I) became attached to Mrs Ginger and now I don't want him to change schools. So in a desperate last minute attempt I tried to find another house in the Cardinal Forest school district but it just wasn't going to happen so I said my teary goodbyes and now off we go to start a new adventure next year. Now I am excited about Kings Park and have heard rave reviews, but we sure will miss Mrs Ginger, a southern military transplant like us that loves the Lord and sees her profession as a calling not just a job, oh how we were (are) blessed.
Carsten wrote Mrs Ginger a little goodbye poem for the last day :)
I love my teacher Mrs Ginger,
I am very sad that we have to part.
She was my first you see and she gave me a head start.
She taught me to eat, and talk, and play,
with her I had so much fun everyday.
She encouraged me and pushed me to learn,
I got better at waiting and taking my turn.
Many teachers will come and go,
But you will always hold a special place in my heart I know!

No comments: