Tuesday, September 2, 2008

McCain/Palin

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2008/09/02/graham.aspx

Here's another good article that came out today with one of McCain's closest advisers and Newsweek. Take a look. There have been a few more surprises on Palin disclosed this week including her teen daughter's pregnancy, however, I think most people understand that every family is going to have a few skeletons. I think the fact that Palin is accepting her daughter and her pregnancy out of wedlock tells even more about her character now. She didn't try to hide it, she encouraged her daughter to have the baby which again speaks for pro-life, and, in grace loves her unconditionally. I bet many christian families can identify with a similar story.
I do wonder how she's doing it though, raising Trig with Down Syndrome and running for Vice President, he must not have any reflux, heart, or feeding issues:)

I only wish the reporters and media would learn that the correct way to say it is "Palin has a CHILD WITH DOWN SYNDROME, not a DOWN SYNDROME CHILD:)" Okay, I know I'm being picky and really most of the time I can let it go. I think being a mom with a child with Down Syndrome as well as having been to occupational therapy school where they pound correct terminology into you makes it worse for me. But really, come one, you people are professionals that know all about politics and government but you can't figure out the correct way to identify a child with a disability. If I were Palin, I'd be correcting those reporters on the spot.

I'll be watching the republican convention this week and praying for a good turnout and for hurricane Hannah and Ike to pass us by. I'm learning so much about prayer in my prayer group here on the post. There are four older women and one my age. We have been praying for all sorts of things; government, leaders, soldiers, families, personal requests. Carsten did good in the nursery today, my mommy light came on and I realized I was taking him without his favorite brown blankie, problem solved! He was a charm today, won't be forgetting that anymore.

Back to my domestic life, sigh...I think I'll make lasagna this week. Please be praying for Carsten as we have his ENT appointment coming up and also another GI appt. We are still praying/considering getting a nissen, surgery to close off the sphincter at the top of his stomach so he can't throw up anymore. I'm getting more and more used to the idea and realizing that he probably needs it as his vomiting is not getting any better.

We had a fun weekend in Northwest Arkansas with both sides of the family, pray that Chad gets into his second year course called SAMS so we can stay two years and be closer for longer!

Love,
Momma Bridges

No comments: