Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More pics

I just realized the other day that I didn't have any pictures of Carsten naked so I could show his girlfriend(s) when he gets older:)! I took care of that right away and got some cute shots of him in his birthday suit. I love the one of him and Chad even though its blurry, I'm not a good picture taker but I try.

We started our continuous feeds last night and it went great!! The alarm didn't go off all night and Carsten didn't get tangled up in the cord. We'll see if we continue to be that lucky! Carsten didn't throw up this morning for the first time in over a year! AMAZING! Thank you Lord! Wow, what a relief, I've forgotten what it feels like to be able to relax not having to anticipate the next vomit. The morning he got his new tube we were waiting in the GI department and lo and behold, yes, he vomited ALL over a nurse! I couldn't help but chuckle even though I felt really bad, but it was a good confirmation that we did the right thing:) Needless to say, I am so grateful for all the progress. I just hope that he continues to eat better, maintain hunger and drive to eat even though being fed at night, and can drink eventually. We had an OT feeding appointment today and it went well. He even ate a piece of a cheese puff!

Enjoy the pics, go Sarah! (had to slip that in:)

1 comment:

Autumn N. Brown said...

Hey! I want to email you (no forwards I promise) but don't want to leave an epic on your blog. My email is Autumn_N_Brown@yahoo.com. Just drop me a line if you don't mind. It is so awesome getting to see you and your family.