Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New subject

Okay for all you who are tired of hearing me go on and on about Palin I guess I'll talk about something else. I'm feeling really fallish today and getting excited about the changing colors and cooler weather. What I like best about fall is the comfy foods that come along with it. I really want to make more meals this fall that match the weather. Some that I've got in mind are apple pies, lots of soups, roasts, pumpkin/squash things, cranberry stuff, and I really want to learn how to make a turkey. I made a new chicken casserole last night that had sour cream, mushrooms, sherry, paprika, butter, salt, garlic powder all mixed together and poured over 4 chicken breasts. You cook it for 1 1/2 hours with foil, then remove the foil and cook another 30 minutes, then serve over rice cooked with parsley and basil, yummm! I think Chad liked it. I also bought some apples so I want to make an apple pie sometime this week. I'm really missing my cake making and have been waiting for the right opportunity and about 10 spare hours to waste, yeah right!

I had my protestant women of the chapel this morning. Prayer group was really good. We focused on missionaries today and prayed a lot for the election and the candidates. Oops, I won't go there because we all now that will lead into a Palin tangent!

Carsten has some BIG appointments this week, ENT, GI, and feeding clinic. I hope we can find some better answers/alternatives to Carsten's vomiting problem, please pray for this if you think of it. Its a beautiful day outside here in Leavenworth so I think I'm going to get outside and go for a walk with Carsten. I'll blog again after our appointments on Thursday.

Love,
Momma Bridges

No comments: