Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Am I really 30!

Okay so I don't really FEEL 30 whatever that's supposed to feel like. I did have a great birthday though, breakfast in bed, roses, and some not so funny gag gifts about losing my 20's! I think Chad is just jealous because he knows he'll always be 5 years ahead of me! So Chad, yes, you are my "old man" and for the record I will NEVER be your "old lady"! Thanks for making my 30th so special!

We've had a full morning so far, Carsten got his VERY EXPENSIVE LIKE $1000 THANK GOD FOR TRICARE synagis shot to prevent RSV (a very dangerous type of cold in the winter) and some drops for his never-ending oozing ears (not bad though it means that his tubes are working). So after that I pulled through a little coffee place to get something and I decided I was going to order Carsten some strawberry milk. (I really just wanted to know what it felt like to order your child something and hand it to him in the back seat to drink) Well, that didn't happen of course and it did make me a little sad. I brought it home and tried it with his breakfast, wasn't sure if he'd like it or not. He took a few sips, I think he liked it okay, I'll keep trying. Yesterday he did drink about 2 ounces of his formula which was the most he's ever taken.

I've got to work on getting our trip reimbursed or at least some help with it today and I think I'm going to sign Carsten up for gymastics. I figured since he's not getting PT it would be good for him as well as the interaction with the other kids. I wanted to do swimming but the pool here on post is freezing so that's a no go. I've decided to go ahead and do his MMR shot. I've been scared to death of it but after this mysterious rash and the fear of measles I have decided that the benefit outweighs the risk. So we will probably get it this spring after his synagis shots are over. Chad is really helping me overcome these constant fears related to Carsten. I think it's harder when things start out so bad you are prone to continue to worry. I'm going to lay it down though and TRY to stop worrying about every little "what if" with Carsten. I'll always remember this line in one of my favorite books by Linda Dillow, "Worry is like a rocking chair, you can go round and round but it doesn't ever get you anywhere." So today, I'm going to get out of that rocking chair and start living instead of worrying! Have a great day everyone!

Blessings,
Momma Bridges

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel, but he will get there. Pick a food, such as strawberry milk, and keep offering it! I cannot tell you how many cheese quesadilla's we bought for Ivan at our favorite Mexican restaurant and threw away. 8 months later he dips it in salsa and eats the whole thing!! My prayer for Carsten is that he beats all of Ivan's milestones. Go Carsten Go! xoxo Stephanie