Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

I guess Carsten and I are going to watch the Inauguration today. It is pretty fascinating and a historic moment. It makes you a little emotional even if you aren't a Democrat. I think that the Bush's have been so graceful in reaching out to them during the transition. I feel very sad when people are so disrespectful of Bush and everything him and Laura have done in the last 8 years. He has been our President and he's done the best job he could. I am thankful for all he's done to protect our great country and I think he has had its best interest at heart. I believe that God controls a nation's economic good and bad times knowing what we need to turn to him, not man. I am looking forward to see what Obama will do and I wish him success in bringing our country together and maintaining peace. We are called to pray for Obama so that is what I will do. I am excited to hear the prayer that Rick Warren gives later today, hoping that he isn't afraid to say the name of Jesus where our true freedom comes from! Hope everyone enjoys the big day and praying everything goes smoothly.

On a lighter note, Carsten has started dancing to music, it's the sweetest, most precious thing you've ever seen. He's also getting closer and closer to walking. He can really push his walker around now and will stop and let go. Give him another month or two and I think he'll be walking everywhere!

Blessings,
Momma Bridges

No comments: