Monday, May 11, 2009

Countdown

We are now within countdown range of moving. 32 days and counting. I'm learning very quickly how other military moms do it. It all starts about the day they move to one place, they are already planning to move to the next. It really amazes me how organized some of these moms are. They have had schools picked out for their kids for the next place even before they moved here! Me on the otherhand, well let's just say I'm a little slower than they are. I can't ever seem to get it together, plan, or organize the way I'd like. I'm trying and learning though and I think I'm getting a little better thanks to all the great moms I've met here. So this morning was dedicated to "browsing" online different possible schools, (daycare) therapies, and OT positions. Just looking, no decisions made yet on that. Lately, Carsten has just been really clingy, like all day long clingy, and I'm starting to think a little socialization and structure might be good for him. Nothing big, maybe one or two days a week. So we'll see how the Lord leads once we get to Atlanta. The church we are looking at has a Christian school attached and they have nursery programs for toddlers. It's also right down the road from our house and I think they might even have OT's there. Again, taking this all VERY slowly, we'll see what God has for us there.

We are mailing our housing contract back today and are very excited about our rental house. I can't wait to get there and get it all setup. It's perfect for us and such a cute little neighborhood. They have a 4th of July parade, Santa Claus, and lots of neighborhood activities throughout the year.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day I'll never forget! We went to a marriage retreat this weekend with date night on Saturday and Sunday morning a big brunch, all courtesy of the army. Then when we got home Chad had my mother's day gifts hidden throughout the kitchen and I found them throughout the day. I got a Coffee bean grinder, storage container, and French Press. It's what I asked for and I love it! I've already made coffee twice since yesterday and it's sooo good. Thanks Chad and Carsten, I love you both very much!

I'm determined to take more pics of Carsten outside today. Yesterday he was walking all around the yard and playing catch with Chad. He is even learning to play basketball, the goal is still too high so he will lift his arms up and dunk it in when you hold him up, it's so cute. We also have a climber in the house now. Yup, couch, furniture, you name it, he is trying to climb on it. He's also climbing into small spaces and getting stuck, then screaming his lungs out, that's been fun:) So I think I can say I officially have a toddler on my hands. Well, he's waking up which means my break is officially over. I'll try to post more pics later.

No comments: