Wednesday, May 6, 2009

EGD scheduled, KKI here we come!

Everything is set for Carsten's EGD (scope) on Friday. We had all our pre-op appointments yesterday and we're good to go. Now, Carsten, please please please don't get sick! That's the one thing that could postpone this procedure and ultimately getting into KKI. I guess I'll just have to quarantine him like all the swine flu patients from now until Friday:)

I hate that he has to go under again, it's pretty sad though I'm somewhat getting used to it. This will be the 4th time he's been under since he was born, 4 times and the poor kid is only 21 months old!! I've never been under! I'm just glad he won't remember any of this and hopefully by the time he's 4 or 5 his health will be pretty stabilized. I always heard that the first 3 years with a child with Down Syndrome is the hardest, boy they weren't kidding. I'm ready for Carsten to be 15 if it's going to be like this! So, EGD, yes, we're ready. KKI, yes, we're ready. I can't believe we move on June 13th, that's like a month away, and we STILL don't know when we'll go to Baltimore. Seriously, I'm really having to hand this over to the Lord. I have a feeling they will call on June 13th and say, you're in, come on. Chaos is my friend, chaos is my friend. No really, I'm just a domestic engineer learning how to work under pressure, this is good for me. In preparation of our impending trip to Baltimore/Atlanta, whichever it might be, I took the liberty of cleaning out all of our closets, drawers, pantry, etc. I even took a trip to goodwill. I'm pretty proud of myself for being that organized. For all of you who know me (Chad), you're impressed aren't you? Now, all I need to do is keep it organized before the packers come and set aside everything we don't want packed. We've got a lot scheduled this month, marriage retreat this weekend, (hopefully we can go if Carsten is feeling okay Friday after his procedure) Bentonville with Chad's family the next, parents come here the next, cousin graduates the next in OK, then packers come! Wow. Before I know it we'll be in the Peachtree state sitting at the pool, I can't wait! For now, I'm going to enjoy the last month here in Leavenworth and all the neat people we've met. It's been a great year here and I know we'll never forget it. Better go check on C-man and get back to my domestic engineer duties:)

No comments: