Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's raining it's pouring, the old man is snoring, and so am I of BOREDOM!

Seriously, we're going on about day 7 of rain and thunderstorms. Carsten and I are about to explode from boredom and being tied up in this house. So, I figure blogging while Carsten looks at his new Clang Clang, Bang Bang book will take up about ummmm 15 minutes this morning then I can figure something else out. I'm thinking museum maybe, but WHERE in Leavenworth, Kansas, I guess we could always go look at the prisoners for a fieldtrip! Now it's really pouring, great! No, I should be thankful in all things so I'm going to be thankful for the rain, bored, but thankful.

We finally got Carsten's EGD scheduled for next Friday, whoop whoop!! Friday afternoon sometime, they call Thursday to let us know. So after that we'll get the results faxed asap to Baltimore and then hopefully start the insurance approval process! We're still not sure where we're living in Atlanta yet, nope, life is never dull being an army wife:) I'm praying something happens today, I've really been trying to pray that the Lord would put us in the "right" neighborhood with the "right" people as opposed to the "right" house.

Well Carsten is starting to pull dangerous objects off of all my shelves so I better go supervise like I should be. He slept 14 hours straight last night! I figure I should take that as a blessing from God, or a sign that I'm not being a good mother and making sure he gets the sleep he needs on a daily basis:) Either way, it sure was nice.

I was so sad to hear of the toddler yesterday that died from the swine flu. I've been reading from Psalm 91 a bunch lately, hope it's encouraging to you.

Psalm 91

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.
Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you make the Most High your dwelling-- even the Lord, who is my refuge--
then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."



Blessings,
Momma Bridges

1 comment:

The Hayes' said...

Hi Kari! Ally is walking now and we NEVER STOP! It has been raining here daily too, but just "scattered". Let me know when you are moving to ATL and I will have Jordan contact you and tell you about the good parts of town. She lives in Buckhead. Maybe you will be close to her. She has really gotten into church and has been going to a small group. I am proud of her! As soon as you get there go to the Aquarium. It is AMAZING!!! Carsten will love it. Mom and I are talking about going to ATL soon, and if you are there Bryan and Ally will come too. We go for a heart check up thursday at ACH and they are going to put Ally under. Pray for her and we continuously pray for u all. I sang a solo at church last week! Finally I may be going to Vietnam to start a SLP program. I have been asked by ASHA... Something to pray about. Talk to you soon...
Jana