Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just for fun

Okay I have to tell this funny story about me and my silly self. I have this hand me down Iphone from my dear husband who graciously gave it to me (really so he could get the newer updated version which is how it usually goes down). And so, I've had this Iphone for a few months now and I really enjoy it, but not even remotely aware of all that it does or how to do it. One day, however, I saw Chad shaking his Iphone and I wondered hmm, what does that do. So I ask him and he says, oh you can just shake the phone and it and it will "refresh" it. Wow I think, now that is something I can remember. So the other day we're driving along and here I am shaking my Iphone as I have been for about a month now with not quite as good of results as Chad. Chad looks over at me and says "what in the world are you doing!" Well, I'm just shaking it like you said to refresh the page, except why doesn't it always work for me? Chad starts cracking up and tells me I'm a crazy woman. Apparently, you can only shake it to refresh your facebook page, not anytime you want to refresh your email or anything else, just facebook! Ohhh, oops, okay that explains things:) Now I'm feeling really stupid, especially in front of my gadget genius husband. We both got a pretty good laugh out of it though and I thought I would tell you all that little trick in case you didn't know now that I've figured out how to do it right.

On an even sweeter note, I had so much fun today watching Carsten play at the park across from our house. He is walking around the playground (yes, still his Frankenstein walk but nonetheless) and going down the slides all by himself! Seriously, this kid is trying to climb UP the slides and going on the big kid part of the gym (I have to stay with him because it's so high up he could fall off). I am so impressed by the way he tries to keep up with the other kids and is so interested in what they're doing. This little girl today took a liking to him and was "showing" him how to go down all the slides, it was so cute. He just soaks it all in though and it's amazing to see. If we keep having this much fun at the park I'm afraid our house is going to turn into a disaster area with all the lack of cleaning going on. Oh well, less than 7 weeks left, I figure a clean house will come and go but memories from this special time will last forever. So guess what we're doing tomorrow?!!!

Happy Friday everyone!!
Love,
Momma Bridges

No comments: