Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Miss America

I just wanted to say "You go girl!" to the runner up of the Miss America pageant. She has, sadly, taken a pretty harsh beating for the way she answered her question on Sunday night which she believes cost her the crown. Chad and I watched her yesterday on one of the news channels and she displayed so much character, grace, and integrity. I won't go into all the details here on the blog but I think it's sad that our country is becoming a place where we're not allowed to speak our opinions without retaliation, namely, conservative opinions. I also admire her because her degree is in special education and she volunteers with the special olympics in her free time. She is someone that's standing true to her convictions regardless of her state or popularity and we need more people like her to lead. So, Miss California, you're a winner to me with or without a crown!

Read more of the story at http://iphone.foxnews.com/story/0/517277-Miss-California-Feels-Backlash-From-Former-Hollywood-Friends.html

1 comment:

The Hayes' said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I completely agree with you Kari! She was asked a question by an obvioulsy biased judge. I feel that if he was not prepared to hear an answer that was dignified, honest, nonmalicious, yet differing from his opinion, He should not have been alowed to ask it, much less give a score on it. Finally, what gives Perez Hilton the authority to be a judge on this contest anyway. I think I will sign up to judge next year!