Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shots and Scopes

So I decided to face my fears today and go ahead with Carsten's immunizations. I've been putting the dreaded MMR off since he was 12 months and I realized yesterday that he probably won't be able to go to the feeding clinic without them. I felt a little stupid breaking down in front of the immunization nurse but she was so reassuring and even prayed for Carsten before she gave him the shot. I feel a peace about it today and know I did the right thing. Let's face it, everyone has to be immunized and Carsten can't start school without it so I had no choice. We've just been through so much and you hear about the immunizations and it was a fear I had let build and build inside of me and it was taking over. I feel better today and Carsten seems to be doing fine, we had a nice long pillow fight on the bed after his bath and now he's sleeping peacefully.

It looks like the next thing we have to face is an EGD or a "scope" from GI. KKI called and said the team wants him to have it before we go to Baltimore. They basically put you under and put a scope down through your throat to see what's going on. I think they want to see how his reflux has affected him and whether or not the medicine is working. So I'm working on scheduling one right now, yuck! Not looking forward to Carsten being under again, enough already!! But it will put us one step closer to Baltimore. Please pray that all this gets worked out soon, especially the insurance approval, since once we move to Atlanta we will be on another region and will have to start ALL over again. I told the lady just call me and we'll have our bags packed and on a plane. I'm feeling pretty crashed today from all the adrenaline yesterday so I think I'll go rest. Ready for the weekend and a date with Chad. Happy Thursday everyone.

Momma Bridges
Psalm 56:3 "When I am afraid, I will trust in you."

No comments: