Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Idol and Cheese Puffs!!

Who hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Kris our Arkansas American Idol!!!! We've really gotten into the show this year, mainly because of Chad's family, thanks guys! They got us addicted to it about half way through the show, now we can't wait each week to see Kris!! I wish we still lived in Little Rock and could have gone to the parade last week. We really hope he wins next week.

So I called today to find out about a certain school (daycare) that I want to enroll Carsten in for 1 or 2 days a week next year. It's a private Christian school that's attached to the church we will most likely go too. I was was a little sad to hear that they aren't "equipped" for children like Carsten. Hmmmm. What equipment do they need to watch him for a few hours a couple times a week? I can understand that it is scary for teachers to take on a "special needs" child. And I guess since it's a private school they can turn children like Carsten down. A little disappointed though that they are unable or unwilling to take on children "like" Carsten. How do they know what he is capable of until they meet him? I guess I'm going to wait and see what happens with Baltimore then if he is eating better by the fall, I will call back and see if they will give it a try for a couple of days and see how he does in the class. I feel very strongly about integrating Carsten in every way possible with "typical" children.

On a more happy note, Carsten is eating cheeto cheese puffs!!! He ate a total of 4 today! He will pick it up and take bites himself! He's also eating mashed baked beans and his drinking is coming along with the straw. I'm super excited, can't even describe how it feels to see your child pick something up and eat it after 2 years of tube feeding. Yes, he's still mainly on the tube as far as liquid but we are seeing leaps and bounds progress! I can't wait for Baltimore, I think he's at a perfect place where they can really help him along. Okay, that's it for me, way past my bedtime:)

Blessings,
Momma Bridges

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Skip the lame baby puffs and go for the cheetos! Smart kid!
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Definitely press the issue. Take Carsten with you when you get moved. Let them meet him and ask what "equipment" they lack. Moving Ivan from a Developmental Center to Greenwood Christian School was the BEST thing we ever did for him. He has matured remarkably. And having him around typical children has been invaluable. If this school won't take Carsten, good riddance and find another! I firmly believe in full integration!! (from Stephanie and Ivan-the-great)