Monday, March 9, 2009

C-man

Carsten is making leaps and bounds progress. I'm so excited. This morning he ate his whole banana and drank 4 ounces of whole milk!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though it took him a good while, 40 minutes total, he did it! He's slowly starting to drink more from a straw, I'm so surprised that he does best with the straw, but hey I don't care what it is. I'm going to start keeping a log and writing everything down so I can subtract and tube him less. The weaning process has begun! He just needs to start eating more solids, I'm going to ask the OT if we can focus on this now. I'm still scared to give him any solids but he does great with purees and I know there are kids out there that just eat pureed food with no tube. So, we're thrilled with his progress and hoping for a day when we won't need the tube anymore without getting ahead of myself, I need to still be patient I know. He's also standing up everywhere now from sitting and taking steps! I guess I can say he's walking now even though it's not very far. He's going to be running around the house grabbing everything in sight before I know it:) Go Carsten! We're so proud of you!! That's our fun Monday update. Hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment: