Friday, March 6, 2009

Church in Atlanta!

Okay so I'm so totally excited right now I had to blog about it. I just heard on the radio that Louie Giglio and Chris Tomlin are planting a church right stinkin' in Atlanta. We're moving to Atlanta in June! Put the two together, oh yeah!!!! I'm trying not to get too excited about it yet because obviously Chad and I haven't prayed about where we'll go to church, we won't even have a place until May. But ohh I'm still so excited. The website for the church is passioncitychurch.com. Apparently they met last week for the first time and the collection was able to bless a woman with a new van and provide funds to translate scripture for two people groups! And guess where the passion conference 2010 is, Atlanta!! I mean seriously, I'm so excited to be able to be a part of what God will be doing there in the next couple of years. God is soooo good! It's so funny you wonder why God is doing something like sending us to Atlanta, the LAST place we thought we'd go and then you hear about this, God is so cool!

Louie Giglio was the first person to actually encourage us after Carsten's diagnosis. We went to hear him speak in Little Rock and the sermon was all about how God creates human beings in their mother's womb and how our basic DNA material is called Laminin and the basic structure of Laminin looks like a cross, wow! Anyway, he went into detail in the sermon about how God even forms your chromosomes together! I will never forget how God encouraged us through him that night in the midst of wondering why was it all happening. So, all that to say I'm super psyched about being able to hear Louie more and maybe go there.

I better clean up before Chad gets home, all I've been doing is reading about the new church:) Have a great weekend everyone!

Love,
Momma Bridges

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!! We are missing you down here in Arkansas. Just read your blog and my brother lives in Atlanta and has been to that church! He said it's AWESOME!!! Check it out!