Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Going through the Big D

We are now going on day 6 of the "Big D" and I'm not talking about Dallas or divorce:) Yes I'm talking about Diarrhea! Poor Carsten. I'm sure you all want to hear about his bodily functions but let me tell you it has been pretty miserable. Not quite as bad as the 15 day one at Christmas though and no fever this time. Just never ending blowouts from both ends! I thought about taking him in this morning but what's the point? She's not going to do anything but tell me to give him Pedialyte. That is the ONE and ONLY reason I can say I'm thankful for the G-tube, being able to keep him hydrated during times like this. I have been running Pedialyte every night instead of milk on his night tube, I feel like he's losing weight but what can you do? His eating has gone downhill somewhat but I'm still getting a little in him by mouth everyday and the straw drinking is still coming along.

So that's what I'm doing today if anyone wondered, changing diaper after diaper after diaper:) Oh and also catching throw up from our 200 towel collection upstairs:) No really I was doing okay until two nights ago, the Kari vampire came out like it does from about 1000-2000am and I had a breakdown. We had changed his bed, diaper, and pajamas three times at that point and I completely lost it. Poor Chad, he was very sweet though and is so patient with my meltdowns. This one was sort of an anger then turned into sadness outbreak. I felt great the next day though after I got through my poor me and why is our life like this and why is God doing this to us session. I mean he's just sick, I try to keep it in perspective that things are just harder when he's sick, it's like that for any child not just mine. So, I'm better now and have worked through things. I just hope the Big D doesn't last much longer. God is so good to us and we have so much to be thankful for. I try to remind myself that it could be much worse than it is, it always helps when we go to OT in Kansas City and there are families getting out of the car with their children in wheelchairs or other things that make me say thank you Lord. Thank you that Carsten can move, that he can smile at me, laugh, play, and interact, thank you for the sweetest boy in the world even when he is sick:) Well that's it for me, back to diaper changing:) Have a great day!

Love,
Momma Bridges

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear Carsten is sick ...sorry for both you and him. I truly can only imagine the frustration you described...it makes me stressed just reading it! Carsten is SO LUCKY to have been born to you and Chad. Even though it is not the easiest life, you and Chad just do an amazing job with him and you can tell he is so happy to be with ya'll. I'll be praying his tummy is better soon!