Wednesday, March 25, 2009

KKI feeding program

Well I just got a very sad call from the feeding program in Baltimore. Our tricare insurance does not cover the day program anymore. She is going to look into more options for us like the inpatient program but not sure whether or not that will be covered or even indicated in Carsten's case. I'm sad but I know God is working it all out for us. Apparently Atlanta has a KKI sister program that is very similar to Baltimore. I am looking into this right now and we'll see where that leads. It would be much more convenient obviously to go to Atlanta and be able to stay at home at night. But, we will have to start over most likely as far as referrals, evaluations, and wait lists. I know God has a plan just right for us and it will all work out one way or the other and Carsten WILL eat! He is doing very good lately, still drinking from his straw (the most 8 ounces in a day) and eating his purees. He can eat oatmeal packets now too which has a little more texture to it:)

I feel like I'm back on the roller coaster ride from the hospital. Earlier today I was happy crying because Carsten was walking really good and now sad crying when I got the call about this:( But I'm hopeful for a better solution and trusting it will all work out.

Love,
Momma Bridges

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Wow! We also have tricare... how did I not know you guys are Military? Kameron goes to a feeding clinic here in Nashville, too. I'm sorry it got cut... seems tricare is cutting a lot these days.